Salary: £35,000.00 + car
Location: Thames Valley Region
As one of our SHEQ Advisor’s you will provide professional and authoritative services and advice in all areas of work safety; enabling managers and employees to comply with all aspects of KCD framework’s Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental and quality matters.
Responsible to the SHEQ Manager, you will assist in providing expert, timely and practicable advice and support to all levels of employees. Monitor compliance in line with Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental legislation and Business Assurance procedures, and audit and assess that operational sites are legally, environmentally and Health & Safety compliant.
- Assist their HSEQ manager in setting operational team safety objectives and assisting operational teams in achieving the Company HSEQ objectives
- Write new processes, procedures and systems of work where required
- Review or carry out risk assessments of work activities whenever required
- Undertake inspections at the frequency identified within their HSEQ objectives
- Ensure training is provided for all levels of employees in relation to Health, Safety Environment and Quality
- Promote a consistent approach to Health, Safety Environmental and Quality issues across the business
- Assist the HSEQ manager to achieve successful compliance to the accredited standards 14001/18001/9001 etc; and to conduct internal audits in order to meet these objectives
- Carry out audits as part of the internal programme in accordance with LRQA/Achilles and other requirements
- Support and liaise, where appropriate, in helping close out actions from audit on HSE and Q issues
- Assist and support investigations into any accidents/incidents/events etc and to undertake such investigations in a timely manner when required
Experience, Attributes and Skills:
You will be an experienced SHEQ Advisor, with a good all-round knowledge and understanding of the construction & water industries.
You will need to be flexible and collaborative in your approach and will possess most, if not all the following qualifications and experience criteria;
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (or having embarked on/part way through the course) – member of IOSH or certificate (Tech IOSH/MIOSH or Grad IOSH)
- Sound subject matter expertise and ideally possess operational and/or contract management experience in health and safety or waste management
- Possess excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate and influence
- Must possess knowledge of change management, strategy and compliance management
- Able to manage own workload and time effectively in an autonomous role
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations. Our purpose at Clancy is simple – we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
You apply, and we will respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us – one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.