Team Leader (Mainlaying)
Role Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Milton Keynes (MK15 9PA)
Salary: £13.50 per hour
Clancy are looking for two Team Leaders on their Housing Estate Mains contract under our Integrated Metering & Developer Services framework (IMDS).
You will be responsible for leading a team carrying out activities in relation to mains laying works in the highway, on private property and premises.
- Responsible for the allocation of tasks and duties to a team of operatives in order to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and commuting motorists whilst ensuring mains laying complies with the SORH within deadlines
- Coach and mentor operatives, trainees and apprentices
- Maintain driver qualifications and digital tachograph card
- Daily operational/maintenance checks on vehicle
- Ensuring sites are safe prior to starting & following completion of work
- Accurately recording information from site
- Compliance with legal and legislative policies and procedures in relation to health safety and environmental policies and highway code
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team undertaking utilities mains laying work
- Full and valid Driving License
- Full NRSWA qualifications
- CSCS card
- NVQ qualification in mainlaying
Every day we work smarter and greener and use our imaginations. Our purpose at Clancy is simple – we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us – one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.