Road to Net Zero
Clancy is committed to Net Zero 2050. We are also preparing a carbon route map to achieve net zero by 2030, including working towards a 50% reduction in emissions by 2025. This target is hugely challenging, but we are committed to achieving our key strategic aims: “to build a world where sustainable infrastructure is at the heart of our communities”.
To achieve our Road to Net Zero, we have already begun to make several changes to reduce both our facility-based and project carbon footprints, including:
- Refurbishing our Harefield and Dartford offices with improved glazing, LED lighting and HVAC systems.
- Introducing a BEV car policy and replacing our existing vehicles with electric alternatives.
- Trialling Mercedes Transporter BEV vehicles.
- Evaluating the deployment of renewable energy technologies, including solar PV.
- Identifying and switching to lower carbon/alternative fuel options such as HVO.
- Investigating telemetry and LIDAR systems for more accurate excavation operations.
- Working with The Climate Group and WBCSD on the Concrete Zero initiative.